Posted by Andy Soloman - 04 January, 2018
Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO, is important if you want more leads from your website. Successful online lead generation starts with driving visitors to your website through providing great and highly relevant content. So, if you want to think about increasing sales you need to think about SEO.
According to Google’s statistics, in 2016 there was an averge of 9 billion searches a day on Google alone. It’s now even part of our vocabulary, where the term ‘Google it’ is universally understood when someone is looking for a product, service, or information.
Once website visitors land on your site, we can convert those leads through managed live chat. Driving traffic to your website can be achieved in many ways - Google Adwords campaigns, LinkedIn posts, blog posts, Twitter, Facebook - the list is long and potentially complex. SEO can be viewed as daunting by some businesses, and the idea of trying to understand it, overwhelming. So how do you get your business to be found in a search by potential customers? How can SEO help you generate more business leads?
We have recently come across a fantastic SEO ‘starter pack’, which is perfect if you’re not familiar or confident with the whole idea of search engines, algorithms, and the scary world of SEO. Produced by Ryte and Hubspot, their 3-part Complete SEO Starter Pack gives you everything you need to improve your website’s search ranking. And best of all, it is free!
What is SEO?
The first document in the pack states, “Every second that your website is not indexed on Google, you miss out on hundreds, if not thousands, of opportunities in which someone might have accessed your website, viewed your content, and bought your product or services.”
You will discover:
- How search engines work
- Why content is king
- How to develop an SEO strategy
- Advice on on-page SEO
- Advice on off-page SEO
- How to identify keywords
- How to analyse SEO performance – after taking the time and effort required to implement SEO, it will be pointless unless you take time to see and analyse your results.
Some of their hot tips include:
- It’s not just about the quantity (huge amounts of text); it’s more about the relevance of the content to potential searches.
- Blogging regularly (ideally once a week at a minimum) can have significant implications for search engine optimisation, since each new blog entry represents a new web page.
- The structure of your URLs can also help search engines better understand your website content. If you can alter the URL so that, for example, it includes the name of your website, you should make use of this.
- Images are a great way to break up pieces of text, and also to communicate with search engines.
- Focusing on long-tail keywords is key to successful search engine optimisation. Although these keywords get less traffic than generic short-tail terms, they are generally associated with better qualified traffic.
- Inbound links are the easiest way to determine how successful your off-page SEO is.
How to increase your SEO traffic in just 30 days
This is a planner that will help you take steps each day to improve your SEO traffic through hands-on tips. Each day you are given a task to complete; for example, on Day 3: identify and rectify broken links.
We have all been on a website and seen ‘Error code 404 (file not found)’ appear. It doesn’t give you a good reflection of the business, and can leave you feeling frustrated. Apart from the impact on customer perception if too many 404 errors are found on your website, they will see it as your website not being maintained.
In their hands-on tips, Ryte and Hubspot suggest fixing 404 errors using the following process:
- Check if your website displays any 404 errors
- Redirect the faulty URLs to the correct URLs using 301 redirects
- Ask other webmasters fix any incorrect links that point to your website
- Check links in the navigation menu
SEO on-page template
The third and final part of the Complete SEO Starter Pack is the SEO on-page spreadsheet, which has been designed to assist you in organising your website’s on-page SEO. It’s easy to use and helps you formulate a plan whilst using it to coordinate pages and keywords and track changes and results - everything you need all in one place.
Why this is important for your live chat service
Having the best managed live chat service on your website is only part of the story. No matter how good live chat operators are, they are only as good as the quality of the web traffic they are able to engage with. If you can help drive more great quality visitors to your website, Yomdel will be bale to convert them to leads or sales. It really is that simple.
By investing your time in SEO to increase the traffic to your website, Yomdel our live chat will provide you with high quality leads for you to convert. Make 2018 your most profitable year yet.
To understand the value of the return on your investment in our live chat:
Yomdel is proud to be the pioneer of truly intelligent managed live chat in the UK, offering the best live chat experience that significantly improves an organisation’s website lead generation, converts customers into fans, and which also adds significantly to its clients’ bottom lines.