Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: c. £40K
Reports to: Operations Director
Could this be you?
We’re on the lookout for an experienced IT professional with a diverse range of technical skills to manage their own IT department and development team. If you’re already running an IT team or looking to make that big step up, we need you to prove you can help us continue to deliver first class products and services against bold business plans.
Yomdel are innovators in the UK live chat space and use carefully defined intelligent live chat along with mystery shop and customer insight services to help our clients grow their businesses. Joining Yomdel as an IT & Development Manager is an amazing opportunity to be part of an incredibly fast-growth and multiple award-winning business. The role offers multiple opportunities for career progression.
Working with the Operations Director, the successful candidate will help to define the IT strategies of the company and execute them. While looking after our local IT systems and platforms, you’ll be responsible for leading a small overseas IT team developing new and exciting technical products and services to help grow the business. The ideal candidate will be able to liaise with internal and external partners to understand requirements and be able to deliver solutions to budget and deadline.
Working with the Operations Director, you will:
- Lead the IT development team to implement new products and services and to enhance existing proprietary software;
- Suggest, analyse and design requirements for new services and features;
- Research and keep up with new technologies and software to benchmark, analyse and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems and services;
- Maintain and establish direction for in-house software and platforms (including Office 365, Hubspot and Xero).
- Set out recommendations, implement and maintain strong network and data security measures;
- Develop, follow and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, and service delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of leading Full Stack development projects with internal & external teams;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum Environment and a be able to ensure effective development processes are in place using Agile methodologies;
- Effective software delivery management (CI/CD) skills as well as be able to demonstrate development team leadership & management;
- An understanding of AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Mongo and Digital Ocean services;
- A good understanding of security concerns such as XSS, CSRF;
- Proven experience of actively maintaining GDPR compliancy;
- A sound knowledge of working with CRMs and marketing automation platforms (Yomdel uses Hubspot);
- Experience working towards tight deadlines and ability to work on their own initiative and prioritise workload accordingly;
- The ability to deliver clear and concise requirements to the development team prior to, and through, the course of development projects;
- The ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager/owner.
Other useful knowledge:
- CRM and Integration (API) Knowledge.
- Web-based live chat, lead generation and support tool experience (i.e., LiveChat Inc, Twilio or similar).
- HTML, JS, XML
- Google Analytics event tracking