Salary: c£35k p.a.
Contract type: Permanent
Possible Start Date: Immediate
Could this be you?
The Head of Customer Insight & Innovations is an exciting new role that highlights Yomdel ambitions. In 2018 we acquired a mystery shopping business and we are now at a pivotal stage in how we accelerate Yomdel’s future growth using this infrastructure combined with new product and service innovations.
This is a role which attracts a high degree of visibility (both internally and externally) and we are looking for someone who is ambitious, wants to make a real difference who brings with them a strong knowledge of market research.
You will have an entrepreneurial approach and be an ambassador for the Yomdel brand and a key person in the development of the role helping our clients (and internal stakeholders) to put the customers at the heart of their decision making and strategy.
Yomdel is a real success story. We are the pioneers and innovators in the UK managed live chat space and use carefully defined intelligent live chat to act as close business growth partners for our clients. Having acquired the customer insight and mystery shopping business we are now able to offer further valuable services to help grow client businesses. We deliver a huge ROI for our clients and have a brand and reputation that is the envy of many. This is hard earned, and we work hard to ensure everything we do is to the highest standard. Joining Yomdel is an amazing opportunity to be part of an incredibly fast-growing and multiple award-winning business.
The Head of Customer Insight & Innovations is the key interface and advocate of Yomdel’s mystery shop and market research service offering. Engaging and educating internal audiences, combined with a strong external presence through networking, business development and other opportunities for key commercial exposure – promoting the Yomdel brand and proposition. Client solution and proposal creation (both reactive and proactive), along with evaluation and progression of new product/service offerings will enable Yomdel to grow market share and continue to lead ahead of its competitors. This is role has significant growth potential within Yomdel, and it does require flexibility to ensure tasks and projects are effectively delivered according to budget and timelines.
Yomdel Brand Ambassador
- To be the key Insight representative within Yomdel by leading in a positive and inspirational light through showing dynamism and professionalism to project, reinforce and demonstrate company values. To have the ability to inspire and influence the wider organisation and proactively share best practice within Yomdel.
- To bring commercial maturity to all interactions representing the business.
- To externally represent Yomdel in a confident, positive and inspirational light to all external audiences.
- To be a strategic thinker that can articulate and implement customer insight and experiential thinking throughout Yomdel and its audiences at events, conferences and Client meetings.
- To maximise the understanding of customer insight solutions within Yomdel.
- To consolidate the existing Insight service offering and to extend Yomdel’s Insight service offering through additional research services which add client value and extend Company profitability to Clients and Prospects.
- To effectively brief the Insight team and Client Services with any insight proposals which are likely to (or have) become live and to ensure smooth transition of client relationships.
- To work on key New Business and New Client opportunities relating to Insight and write impactful and winning Insight proposals which maximise profitability and contribute towards the desired business development targets.
- To reactively and proactively use Insight to better improve and inform Yomdel and its key stakeholders using insight to drive actionable improvements in employee, customer and client experiences. To defend and promote customer insight in strategic decision making within the business.
- To focus on reporting the financial performance/targets of the Customer Insight function within Yomdel and share with management.
Innovation & New Product Development
- To adhere to a predefined Yomdel innovation framework – taking briefs from concept/design through to an evaluated feasibility/financial forecast and roll-out planning/handover.
- To deliver innovation projects on brief, budget and time and take responsibility for the quality/output/financial reporting of work produced by others assisting within the innovation project teams. To source effective suppliers, representative sample platforms in evaluation of shortlisted NPD items.
- To monitor new product and service initiatives to evaluate ongoing performance against desired financial targets – and to use this insight for future initiatives and evaluation.
- To proactively recommend new external or internal product ideas/services/process improvements to the Board and encourage a culture of innovative thinking, constructive challenge within Yomdel and to contribute towards quarterly management innovation strategy meetings.
- Basic Excel/Microsoft Office Experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work well with a team and work collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Time management and organisational skills
- Possess a solid understanding of a wide range of market research techniques covering both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a research agency or client side heavily research oriented position.
- Possess a high level of commercial awareness and maturity.
- Experience of writing winning research proposals that meet a client’s research objective.
- Self-motivated personality with an entrepreneurial, flexible and adaptable mindset.
- Ability to work on their own, to multi-task a variety of projects/tasks and adapt to change whilst responding well under pressure whilst remaining positive.
- Confident, articulate and targeted communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to proactively motivate others within a team.
- Someone who relishes a challenge and is keen to develop themselves and make a positive difference through their work.
- Someone who is not afraid to make difficult decisions who can constructively challenge, complement, support and work alongside the Management Team at Yomdel.