Salary: Basic + OTE - negotiable according to skills and experience
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Flexible, requires UK travel, and time at Billingshurst HQ
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Could This Be You?
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role is an exciting new role that highlights Yomdel ambitions. In 2018 we acquired a mystery shopping business and we are now at a pivotal stage in how we accelerate Yomdel’s future growth using this infrastructure combined with new product and service innovations.
This is a role which attracts a high degree of external visibility and accountability and we are looking for someone who is ambitious, wants to make a real difference who brings with them a commercial experience.
You will have a can-do, proactive and positive approach and also be an ambassador for the business and a key person focusing on business development for the Yomdel brand.
Yomdel is a real success story. We are the pioneers and innovators in the UK managed live chat space and use carefully defined intelligent fully managed live chat to act as close business growth partners for our clients. Whilst we offer Live Chat and Insight Services Yomdel also acts as a highly agile and innovative business partner, always prepared to look at new and exciting ways of supporting our clients.
We deliver a huge ROI for our clients and have a brand and reputation that is the envy of many. This is hard earned, and we work hard to ensure everything we do is to the highest standard. Joining Yomdel is an amazing opportunity to be part of an incredibly fast-growing and multiple award-winning business.
The BDM is the key interface and advocate of Yomdel’s Live Chat & Insight Services. Engaging and educating internal audiences, combined with a strong external presence through networking, business development and other opportunities for key commercial exposure, especially in what we now have as the 'new normal' – promoting the Yomdel brand and proposition.
Client solution and proposal creation (both reactive and proactive), along with evaluation and progression of new product/service offerings will enable Yomdel to grow market share and continue to lead ahead of its competitors.
This role has significant growth potential within Yomdel, and it does require flexibility to ensure tasks and projects are effectively delivered according to budget and timelines.
- To identify opportunities for business development.
- To be responsible for expanding Yomdel sales in the SME area, focusing on the upper end of SME.
- To proactively identify potential sales target companies and contacts for Yomdel’s core offering and Yomdel’s innovations.
- To assume ownership of key opportunities.
- To write impactful proposals/presentations which maximise the opportunity to win, maximise profitability and achieve your specified business development targets.
- To build relationships with existing clients in an attempt to increase their current spend.
- To create, negotiate and close commercial agreements.
- To personally deliver strong, winning Yomdel proposals.
- To constantly update and use the CRM system in accordance with the Yomdel guidelines.
- To be accountable for the business development financial targets.
- To attend / log in to regional meetings and events, conferences and meetings around the UK and be able to confidently network and open up opportunities (some overnight stays will be required).
- To be able to quickly and confidently understand the evolving Yomdel offering (and keep abreast of Yomdel innovations) in order to communicate and engage prospective business opportunities as they emerge.
- To have an entrepreneurial mindset and to be flexible and adaptable to a changing and growing organisational mindset.
- To effectively brief/handover to the Operations Team Managers / Client Services any proposals that are likely to (or have) become live and to ensure smooth transition of client relationships within the business.
- To be a key representative of Yomdel by leading in a positive and inspirational light through showing dynamism and professionalism to project, reinforce and demonstrate company values.
- To have the ability to inspire and influence the wider Yomdel organisation and prospective clients.
- To externally represent Yomdel in a confident, positive and inspirational light to all external audiences.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience in Sales and Business Development, including commercial negotiation skills.
- Preferably have worked in a B2B sales development environment.
- Preferably have established contacts/network across multiple sectors that could broaden new sales opportunities for Yomdel.
- Have a full, clean driving license.
- Experience of concisely writing winning proposals and presentations in a client and commercially focused manner.
- Self-motivated personality with an entrepreneurial, flexible and adaptable mindset.
- Experience of working on their own, to multi-task a variety of projects/tasks and adapt to change whilst responding well under pressure and remaining positive.
- Confident, articulate and targeted communication/presentation skills.
- Confident at networking and meeting new people.
- Someone who relishes a challenge and is keen to develop themselves and make a positive difference through their work.
- Possess a high level of commercial awareness and maturity.
- Someone who is not afraid to make difficult decisions who can constructively challenge, complement, support and work alongside the COO and Marketing Director at Yomdel.
Yomdel Benefits and Culture
Yomdel is a friendly, open environment, where team-work is prized and the customer comes first. We look after each other as we look after our customers.
We offer 20 days paid holiday in the year, and are considerate to the pressures of university study. We also go out together regularly – team nights out, summer party, Christmas party, and more.
Yomdel believes in local communities and supports several charities, including Chestnut Tree House and SOS Childrens Villages, and runs several fund-raising events each year.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please use the form on our website or send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be perfect for the role to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working for Yomdel and we hope to hear from you soon!