Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
Weekly Wage: £156.00 - £180.00
Expected Duration: 52 weeks
Possible Start Date: 1 April 2019
Apprenticeship Level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Could this be you?
Yomdel is looking for an apprentice to work within the Mystery Shopping Operations Team. The successful candidate will get involved in all aspects of project delivery, liaison with mystery shoppers, as well as the co-ordination of workflow.
Here at Yomdel, we’re customer experience experts, and our award-winning services drive significant growth for thousands of businesses across the UK, US and Australia. That includes 24/7 managed live chat, mystery shopping and market research.
Once the Apprentice has successfully completed the apprenticeship, there is the potential to progress into full-time employment.
We support you in your studies and evidence gathering - allowing time each month for some apprentice work/meetings. Alongside your commitment to complete, the majority of your study will be outside of working hours.
Successful candidates will then be invited in for an interview where we can discuss the role, more about yourself, and how you would fit with the team.
- Being one of the primary points of contact for all incoming phone calls
- Ensuring 100% accuracy and attention to detail on all activity undertaken
- Conduct validation, proofing and finalisation of projects to meet the quality and volume expectations of the Client Account Handling team
- Working in conjunction with the Daily Equipment Summary to package up for despatch, and also reconcile incoming Video Boxes each day
- To ensure that our video mystery shoppers are communicated to with the appropriate timed message before, during and after a video assignment
- Downloading all incoming video mystery shop footage on to the Video Drive and label accordingly
- To effectively utilise our Mystery Shopper Database and keep this updated at all times and reflective of all verbal and written communications
- At all times to have professional and polite communications with colleagues, clients, mystery shoppers and suppliers.
- Basic Excel/Microsoft Office Experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work well with a team and work collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Time management and organisational skills
- A creative, enthusiastic approach to work
- A good level of confidence
- A self-driven attitude with a desire to learn and gain qualifications alongside full-time work
- Motivated, reliable and adaptable
- GCSEs in Maths and English, grade 3 and above (minimum grade D or equivalent) for Level 2.
- GCSEs in Maths and English, grade 4 and above (minimum grade C or equivalent) for Level 3.
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
The successful applicant will study either the Level 2 or Level 3 Business and Administration related Apprenticeship Framework depending on prior skills and qualifications.
This includes Health and Safety, Roles and Responsibilities, and a Technical Certificate. Candidates that do not hold GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English, Maths, and ICT will be required to sit Functional Skills in these subjects.
Business and Administration