LIVE CHAT OPERATIONS EDITOR
Title: Live Chat Operations Editor Yomdel
Contact: Andy Soloman [email protected], 07928 542917
Based in Billingshurst, West Sussex.
Reports to: CEO
Apply to [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a covering letter that tells us why Yomdel needs you.
Yomdel is setting the standards for fully staffed live chat services and needs a digital native and skilled wordsmith to manage our rapidly growing team of live chat operators.
Our fully staffed live chat services are a game changer for businesses growing online revenue. We are a young company, but one which is growing rapidly and we need creative, determined, innovative and personable people to help us realise our ambitious expansion plans.
The Live Chat Operations Editor reports to the CEO and is expected to emerge as a key member of Yomdel’s leadership team. The post holder is responsible for the daily operations of the live chat operator teams, ensuring consistently high quality live chat engagements, developing service efficiency and managing a rapidly expanding operation.
A journalist at heart, the Live Chat Operations Editor will understand the principles or speed, accuracy and freedom from bias. He/she will be a skilled editor who can motivate and train teams, while putting in place the robust systems and processes needed to support 24/7 operations.
The editor will be a talented individual capable of developing our online chat strategy within our call centre operations supporting our clients across numerous sectors.
- Management of live chat operator teams located in the UK and abroad.
- Establishment of clear operations guidelines to ensure 24/7 live chat operations for all Yomdel clients across multiple sectors.
- Establishment of live chat performance KPIs, the metrics to measure them and clear reporting to measure success.
- Ensuring strong English language capabilities within live chat operator teams, following a process of continuous improvement.
- Onboarding and deployment of live chat service for new clients.
- Calculating staffing requirements as new clients join Yomdel, and the subsequent delivery of service.
- Working with the Yomdel exec to agree targets and review performance.
- Oversee the recruitment and development of live chat operators required to serve the ambitious growth goals of the company.
- Help the exec design and agree compensation and training schemes for the live chat operator teams.
- The Live Chat Operations Editor must communicate effectively across the business and its staff, suppliers & partners to ensure absolute clarity of client requirements and delivery.
- The Live Chat Operations Editor must ensure chat operations are ethical, fully legally compliant and that we protect our clients’ and the company’s data.
- To set, agree and deliver against live chat operations targets.
- To blog and engage across social media
- Skilled in the use of written English.
- A background as a journalist, sub editor, or from a digital publishing environment.
- Understanding live chat and experience with live chat platforms would be an advantage.
- Digital native with a passion for online communities and social media. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and blogging should be second nature.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- A good communicator who is seen as a natural leader and mentor, and who has strong influencing and delegating skills.
- Skilled at managing teams to ensure consistently high standards with strong staff retention.
- Team player who loves working collaboratively in an innovative, fast growing & challenging environment.
- “Never say can’t” attitude that helps Yomdel consolidate its market-leading position.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities in time.
- A background in call centre operations management would be useful.
Technical Skills, Competencies or Qualification Requirements
- Writing and Editing
- People Management & Leadership
- Digital Awareness
- Live chat platforms and data management tools
- Strong Excel, Power Point and other office suite skills.
- Knowledge of java script, HTML, CSS etc an advantage